Creamy prawn and saffron pasta
My husband and I like pasta a lot and probably eat it far too often always dressed up in various homemade sauces. We’ve also started making pasta from scratch more as the Kitchenaid attachment makes it so much easier than the old-fashioned version which one has to hand crank while juggling a long ribbon of pasta… not easy!
The other bizarre and fun think about making pasta is that the hound loves it. Other than when I am cooking meat, it is the only time she lurks opportunistically in the kitchen in the hopes that a little eggy ribbon may fall to the floor. Below you can see the ‘team’ at work – husband and dog. Tala also missed a bit and proceeded to wander around with a rogue strand of pasta on her back for quite a while until I pointed it out to her…
Creamy Prawn and Saffron pasta:
Ingredients for a hungry two or four with salad/vegetables:
– 12 prawns
– 12 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
– 2 shallots
– 4 cloves of garlic
– a glass of white wine
– 3-4 tablespoons of creme fraiche
– lemon juice
– a good pinch of saffron
– salt and pepper
Pasta – two eggs, 200 grams of flour, a pinch of saffron, salt – check pasta maker for instructions.
1) marinate your prawns in a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice and two garlic cloves finely chopped
2) Fry shallots and garlic, once softened add cherry tomatoes, then add glass of white wine.
3) Stir in creme fraiche and some of the grated parmesan, once heated through stir in some of the basil
4) fry prawns quickly over a high heat in a separate pan
5) After pasta has cooked for a few minutes – strain and add to sauce – toss through. Serve with prawns, basil, and parmesan on top.